I am passionate about helping people to solve problems by creating authentic, bold and practical solutions that have a real and positive impact on individuals, organisations and communities.
With over 20 years’ experience as a consultant and business leader, Felicity is expert at leading strategy and strategic alignment, business transformation, organisational design, change and people development projects. She has partnered with leaders from some of Australia’s largest organisations to lead and support improvement in business and organisational outcomes. Felicity engages people in the development of strategic solutions that are relevant, commercial and practical.
Felicity has worked across the public, private and not for profit sectors. Her experience spans financial services, defence, FMCG, education and government in Australia, Asia and North America.
Strategic and business planning and strategic alignment
- facilitated numerous strategic planning processes
- led strategic alignment projects to support the change in service delivery models, mergers and acquisitions and growth strategies
- facilitated executive workshops to support the delivery of growth strategy for a global FMCG, designed the new governance for the commercial business and led individual business unit improvement initiatives
- facilitated the executive group of a recently merged insurance company to align sales, distribution and product development priorities.
Business transformation, culture and change
- consulted to organisations on business transformation and organisational improvement, change management, communication and people development projects. Managed organisational restructures and the integration of business units and functions.
- consulted on organisational and cultural integration
- led the development of the Royal Australian Navy's New Generation Navy strategy – an organisation transformation program with structural change, cultural projects and leadership development across the organisation
- led the development of the values and culture strategy and the alignment of the executive team for an emergency services organisation.
People and leadership development
- designed and facilitated customised organisational, people development and change management solutions for large aviation, telecommunications , automotive, resources, manufacturing and FMCG companies
- designed and facilitated leadership and people development programs for public sector organisations including Navy, the Department of Defence, NSW Premier's Department, the South Australian Government and, in partnership with IPAA, the Gain the Policy Edge programs for aspirant public sector leaders in Victoria and the ACT
- managed the development and delivery of the Strategic Public Sector Leaders' Summit, a think tank development program which explored the issue of globalisation and the future nature and role of the public sector with 50 deputy secretaries and CEOs from Australia and New Zealand.
Marketing , business development and communication strategies
- led marketing and business development functions and designed and implemented successful marketing and communication campaigns.
- designed and implemented communication and stakeholder engagement strategies.
Education / accreditation / board membership
- Masters of International Business, Melbourne University
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) (University of Sydney)
- Certificate in Development Project Management, Monterey Institute of International Studies
- Unit in American Foreign Policy, Harvard University
- Unit in Managerial Accounting, Deakin University, Victoria
- Accredited in the suite of Human Synergistics tools (LSI, LI and OCI/OEI)
- Accredited in Organisational Effectiveness Profile Tool (OEP)
- Director, Westmead Medical Research Foundation (WMRF)
- NSW Development Board Director, The Hunger Project
Prior to being involved in establishing Nous, Felicity worked as a consultant for iedex Pty Ltd. Before a career in consulting, she held a number of leadership roles including account director and business development roles at Deakin Australia, the commercial arm of the university. There she led large scale, communication and people development projects and led the international marketing efforts throughout Asia and Europe. Felicity was the General Manager, Australia/NZ, for the world’s largest private international education provider and spent time in North America as international operations manager, managing marketing and operations in Asia, the Pacific and the Americas. She has held a number of leadership roles at Nous including Sydney practice leader and director of business development.
Felicity focuses on making a real difference and having a positive impact. This is best when combined with fascinating people and interesting and exotic places! Felicity recently visited Antarctica and Patagonia on an expedition, worked and lived with an indigenous community in the Amazon basin in Ecuador and visited villages in Bangladesh on an investor leadership trip with The Hunger Project.