I am passionate about helping individuals unlock their potential and connect with their purpose vis a vis their organisations. Work is such a big part of our lives: we deserve to feel fulfilled by what we do.
Julia has an intimate understanding of the strategic, operational and personal issues that underpin organisation change, growth and development. She possesses an ability to work equally well at the strategic, operational and individual levels. Clients value Julia’s facilitation expertise and her commitment to delivering organisational objectives by working with staff at all levels to facilitate change and build leadership capability.
Julia has worked with public and private sector and not for profit clients in Australia, the UK, Asia and Africa. She has broad experience in financial services, professional services, international development, utilities, communications and education.
Leadership program design and facilitation
Designed and facilitated:
- an intensive leadership program for the top 100 executives in an Australian insurance organisation to develop their ability to deliver on the organisation’s strategic agenda
- a highly successful leadership program for experienced executive level officers in the Australian Department of Finance and Administration
- a leadership program for managers in a global professional services firm aimed at developing the skills required for participants’ transition to partner
- performance management and coaching skills programs for managers and executives in government and private industry, including for a major Hong Kong utility company
- two award winning leadership programs for supervisors and managers at a major airline.
Facilitation of organisational and individual change
- worked closely with AusAID’s Philippines office to assist in their transition to a new organisational structure
- developed a new remuneration and conditions framework for consultants to AusAID
- facilitated team building workshops for DFAT, DIMIA, an international bank, and ACMA to build teams’ capacity to deliver on organisational objectives and change agendas
- designed workforce capabilities and a new business structure to assist a government agency to deliver on its business and operational objectives
- reviewed the HR function of a Victorian Government department, including recommending alternatives that would better deliver on business needs and objectives.
Facilitation of stakeholder consultations
- managed and facilitated a series of stakeholder consultation workshops as part of a major policy review for an international development bank. These involved participants from the bank, local and international NGOs, donor organisations and 20 regional governments.
Education / accreditation / board membership
- Bachelor of Economics (first class honours), Sydney University
- Masters of Professional Education and Training, Deakin University
- Cert IV Assessment and Workplace Training, Futurum
- Accredited facilitator of MBTI ™(EIR), Situational Leadership II and the Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument (HBDI™).
Julia has worked as a consultant for over 15 years, initially with LEK Consulting in Australia, the United Kingdom and Thailand. She has also worked as an internal consultant for the director of strategy at a FTSE 100 company during a period of major change, including the divestment of half of their business.
When not working and bringing up her two adopted children, Julia enjoys swimming, yoga and cooking for dinner parties that bring interesting people together for great food and fascinating conversation.