Lucie specialises in developing organisational capability. She has a keen interest and academic background in organisational psychology, supported by investigative analytical skills. She is energetic and personable and builds relationships quickly.
Lucie is also a successful project manager and project manager mentor, with high attention to detail and solid organisation skills.
Lucie has worked across the public and non-profit sectors, particularly in defence, security and intelligence, education and welfare. She consults in a number of topic areas, including organisation design, performance management, workforce planning and in particular, organisational culture and change.
Organisational culture and change
- Co-authored an organisation-wide cultural change plan for a large federal department. Lucie worked closely with the Defence deputy secretary group to develop this plan, which now serves as the reference point for a five-year cultural change program in Defence.
- Supported implementation of the Royal Australian Navy’s cultural transition to a 'New Generation Navy' (NGN). Lucie worked closely with the NGN team for twelve months. She provided subject matter expertise and also project management support for the combined Nous-Navy team.
- Worked with staff to define the culture for a national not-for-profit organisation. Lucie conducted an all-staff survey, and presented the results back to employees in focus groups around Australia. The perspectives garnered through this engagement were integral in defining the organisation’s desired culture, and for developing the practical action plan.
- Project managed seven pilot leadership and development programs for the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development. Effective communication with the client, the large Nous team and over 200 participants was critical to the design and successful delivery of these programs.
- Project managed a leadership and development program, delivered to two cohorts of leaders in a federal government department during a period of considerable organisational change. Lucie coordinated participants from around Australia to engage in a 360 degree feedback process, a four day residential program and ongoing team coaching.
Workforce planning and design
- Developed a strategic workforce plan and workforce design for a 2,200 person division of a large federal government department responsible for implementing significant ICT reform. This project entailed deep analysis of the internal and external drivers affecting this agency’s workforce and the implications for its future strategy.
- Prepared a strategic workforce plan and refined the organisation design of an infant division in a federal government department. Simplifying complex and incomplete information into a coherent picture of the future was key to our success in this project. Lucie’s personable style and engagement with directors to regularly test our thinking led to a pragmatic workforce plan and refined organisation structure, which they are implementing.
Education / accreditation / board membership
- Bachelor of Arts/Commerce, University of Melbourne
- Participant in university exchange program, McGill University, Canada
- Participant in university exchange program, University of Oslo, Norway
- Participant in Centre for Science and Environment’s environmental education program, India
Lucie is a keen traveler and has spent considerable time living and studying abroad. She looks forward to visiting many more parts of Australia in the coming years. Lucie also enjoys cooking and sampling new restaurants.