Australia's system of government touches all aspects of our society. We demand much from our governments' public sector systems and institutions, including leadership, effective regulatory frameworks and quality service delivery. Australians, however, are weary of unnecessary government interference and wastage. The rate of societal change means that reform and change are omnipresent in government.
The enduring public good of a highly effective government is founded upon bold, evidence‑informed answers to the following questions:
- Where can government, at any level, best perform its role given the needs of a diverse citizenry?
- What is the optimal delivery model for government (and between governments) to effectively and openly execute its role in society?
- How do the organisational capabilities of government’s public sector systems and institutions enable performance in the face of ever‑changing citizen demands?
- How well do the leaders of Australia’s governments’ public sector systems and institutions motivate and skill their staff to deliver outstanding results?
- How can the government, private and non-profit sectors partner more effectively to improve the lives and productivity of all Australian citizens?
We support Australia’s public sector systems and institutions to respond rapidly and better execute their vast responsibilities for Australia’s many and diverse citizens.
Nous works with many of Australia’s public sector systems and institutions. Our work traverses the development of public policy, government business strategy and plans, organisational design and change management, optimisation of technology investments, and the development of public sector leaders. Nous consultants bring a depth of relevant government expertise, rigorous strategic thinking ability and insight into the human condition to our projects.
Our work reflects the complexities of government and addresses the needs of diverse, often contesting stakeholders. We are inspired by the journey of generating innovative, workable new answers to some of society’s most complex and complicated challenges.